Video Storytelling for Corporates
Recently, I was asked by a client. So, what do you keep in mind when you develop a Story? It was an interesting question that led me to writing down points, which I believe were the reasons behind why my clients returned and gave me opportunity to do some sensational video storytelling work in Singapore, Vietnam, China, Thailand and Kuala Lumpur.
I apply the same rules for B2B and B2C Video Storytelling
My Video Storytelling Values
1.I will never tell a story that is not true
2. I will never tell a story where the expectation is – spotlight on my customer. I believe the spotlight should be on someone whose success was made possible by my customer’s product/ services.
3. I will never tell a story that does not have a single character people can resonate with
4. I will never tell a story that fails to show the struggles of the character
5. I will never tell story where I am not allowed to spend majority of the time showing struggles of the main character versus the success achieved.
6. I will never tell a story where I am asked to show logos, products and services of my customer unnecessarily
7. I will never tell a story where I personally do not get to interview the main character beforehand and learn about what makes them tick
8. I will never tell a story that is made to please everyone. I will remain clear on who this story is for. I am not making a Hollywood film that is looking for a Box Office success.
9. Finally, I will never tell a story where I am not given creative freedom to do my best work
I look at this list and realise that somehow I knew what I will not do before I knew what I will do…. But aren’t Values just that.
Learn more about our Video Storytelling Work
"I attended your story telling course some time back. And I've enjoyed keeping up my knowledge with your blog. You may not have realised however, that the WOG is implementing Internet Seperation. Hence I'm not able to access the links to read your articles. Could I suggest including a QR code in your emails so that I can use my mobile to scan it and gain immediate access to the article? It would be most helpful"